Your wishes under MS-PL

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Hi Lars and co - nice work here!

I am trying to get my head around the implications of using your work as the installer for a commercial product like you are doing with CopyMove.

Don't worry - I am not going to ask you for lawyerly advice! Its a more general question about your wishes.

So as I understand the MS-pl license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ms-pl.html) you can make changes to the code and distribute the binary with proprietary code as long as

"you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software."

So my question is - is the www.codeplex.com/sharepointinstaller label bottom left of the screen an attribution notice and do you want it to stay there?

I am guessing yes, otherwise you would have put an option to change this label in the config file.

Thanks...Ryan

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Hi Ryan

Thanks J

Yes, the bottom left label is in fact an attribution notice.

But I have no problem with you removing it as long as you only distribute the modified version with your own product.

Cheers
Lars Fastrup

Sent: 10. september 2009 01:02
To: lars@fastrup.dk
Subject: Your wishes under MS-PL [sharepointinstaller:68461]

Hi Lars and co - nice work here!

I am trying to get my head around the implications of using your work as the installer for a commercial product like you are doing with CopyMove.

Don't worry - I am not going to ask you for lawyerly advice! Its a more general question about your wishes.

So as I understand the MS-pl license (http://www.opensource.org/licenses/ms-pl.html) you can make changes to the code and distribute the binary with proprietary code as long as

"you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software."

So my question is - is the www.codeplex.com/sharepointinstaller label bottom left of the screen an attribution notice and do you want it to stay there?

I am guessing yes, otherwise you would have put an option to change this label in the config file.

Thanks...Ryan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharepointinstaller@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharepointinstaller@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com