Differet Feature Scopes in One Install Package

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:12 PM

I have successfully put together a wsp file with four solutions: three whose feature scopes are site-based and one whose feature scope is web-based.  Each of their feature.xmls are included within the wsp file respectively.  The install package fails with an error message of, "Feature '[feature id]' is Web-scoped, and can not be added to the Site."  When seperated into two different install packages (one for the three site-based feature scoped solutions and another for the web-based scoped solution) they are installed without issue.  Is there a way to include solutions with different feature-scopes in one install package?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

I am getting same error even though I have a single solution file (.wsp) file cotains two features scoped to "Web". Can you please explain how you deployed the solution catains Web scoped feature using sharepoint sharepoint installer?

Sep 30, 2009 at 3:17 PM
Ani_Michal wrote:

Hi,

I am getting same error even though I have a single solution file (.wsp) file cotains two features scoped to "Web". Can you please explain how you deployed the solution catains Web scoped feature using sharepoint sharepoint installer?

I have only deployed one solution scoped web at a time with the Sharepoint Installer Solution.  Ensure that both solutions have their feature.xml files included within the joint wsp, as specified in your ddf file.  Double check that their Scope="Web"

Oct 1, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Hi,

I have a single solution (.wsp) file (contain only one manifesh.xml file) to deploy contains two feature scoped to Web. As I start deployment using Sharepoint Installer, It give error "Feature '[feature id]' is Web-scoped, and can not be added to the Site.". Since I have a single manifesh.xml file all features to same scope, why i am getting this error ?