Unsupported extension is occurred.

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:51 AM

I have created setup.exe using Sharpoint Installer.  My Webpart name is "CustomCalendarDataBase" and it is developed using VseWss 1.3 and VS-2008. My

webpart solutions generate CustomCalendarDataBase.Webpart file for the webpart. When i run setup file, it give "customcalendardatabase.webpart" has

an unsupported extension, and cannot be added to the solution store. error message. Although setup is able to find my solution file and all other

system check is passed.

Error Detail is as follow:

***** ERROR *****
"customcalendardatabase.webpart" has an unsupported extension, and cannot be added to the solution store. 
Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: "customcalendardatabase.webpart" has an unsupported extension, and cannot be added to the solution store. 
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path, UInt32 lcid)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionCollection.Add(String path)
   at CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.AddSolutionCommand.Execute() in C:\Documents and Settings\njain2\Desktop\SharePointSolutionInstaller_V1_2_2_Source\Source\InstallProcessControl.cs:line 495
   at CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs) in C:\Documents and Settings\njain2\Desktop\SharePointSolutionInstaller_V1_2_2_Source\Source\InstallProcessControl.cs:line 113