Deploy to a specific URL?

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:49 PM
I have had a brief look at this utlity - it's looks really good but the one thing I wanted to do was to be able to specify a URL to deploy the solution to (like the -url parameter with stsadm -o deploysolution) .  Is there a way to do that with this tool?
Oct 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM
The tool lets the user choose the web application for deployment.  This is true for Farm-scoped and Site Collection-scoped features.

If the scope of your feature is to a farm then the user simply sees all web applications and can choose them.  I believe you can in the config file force it to deploy to all web applications or only to the admin web application, though.

If the scope of your feature is to a site collection (Scope="Site") then the user will have the option to navigate through a tree menu to any web application or site collection and choose which ones to check for deployment and activation.  The user can choose a web application and it will go to all site collections within that web application.  If I remember right, it tells the user how many site collections are in the web application so that a user may choose not to hit the plus sign on a web application that has thousands of site collections (e.g., for My Sites).

Kirk