Can´t find installed feature in Sitecollection features

May 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM
Hello! After installing a Solution (.wsp) solution is deployed under Solution management in the Central Administration, but i can´t find the feature in the Site Collection Features?!? Thanks!
Oct 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Did you ever work out how to fix it? I have no idea...

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Hello... OK so I created a site collection, then I could go to site collection features and activate it. Then I could add it to the page... only that at this point it tells me there is an error installing the web part.

Any suggestions?

Oct 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Err OK SO here I am again...

So I realised that the text in visual studio says that it's building the installer from the release folder, but it's actually looking in the debug folder. So I copied the dll in release to debug, and then that seemed to sort everything out.

MEh.

Presumably I can change the path in the WSP createwsp batch file..

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Probably the very first thing to do in this situation is to install & deploy the wsp via stsadm without using SharePoint Solution Installer, to see whether the issue is contained within the wsp (in which case it probably has nothing to do with SharePoint Solution Installer -- which is just a wrapper to do installation & deployment & activation).